Saturday 9 July 2011

Rubaiyat


Norbet Platt once said, "The act of putting pen to paper encourages pause for thought, this in turn makes us think more deeply about life, which helps us regain our equilibrium.” Here's my attempt at acheiving such equilibrium.

The title has no significance to the content of my first blog. I chose it for no other reason then my love for this word- the word itself, the sound it makes as it rolls of my tongue, its meaning - everything. It is an Arabic word - ruba'i is a two-line stanza with two parts per line, hence the word rubáiyát (derived from the Arabic language root for "four"), means quatrains. If language as we know were to end and we all got to pick a word that would be put in an indestructible bubble that could survive apocalypse itself, I'd undoubtedly choose 'Rubaiyat'.

So I start with blog with an earnest attempt to live more consciously by pausing for thought and putting my thoughts down on paper. or blog as it were. And I christen the first post with a word I ardently love - an emotion that should ideally be the key witness to every beginning.

To New Beginnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment